Updated on 22 March 2015
Who is who
‘We ‘are Candystick (Pty) Ltd (registration number 2015 / 015200 / 07)
If you are the person who created the Money Box we refer to you as an ‘organiser’. If you are contributing to a Money Box we refer to you as a ‘contributor’. If you are the lucky recipient of a Money Box you are a ‘recipient’. When a term applies to all of these persons, we will use ‘you’.
What information we collect
What information we have will depend on whether you are an organisor, contributor or recipient.
When you register as an organiser we collect the following information:
- The e-mail addresses of potential contributors to the Money Box.
When you register to contribute funds to a Money Box we collect the following information:
- When you make the contribution we will require your payment card details. We may offer to retain your card details for your convenience so you do not have to re-enter these details on a future ocassion. However, if you prefer that we do not maintain these details, you can go to ‘My Account’, click on ‘Edit or delete a credit card’ and delete any card information that we hold about you.
If you are a recipient of a Money Box we collect the following information before you can redeem the Money Box:
- If you have opted for a cash redemption we will need to collect your banking details from you in order to make a deposit. We may offer to retain your banking details for your convenience so you do not have to re-enter these details on a future occasion. However, if you prefer that we do not maintain these details, you can go to ‘My Account’, click on ‘Edit or delete banking details’ and delete any baking details we hold about you.
When you visit www.candystick.co.za we collect information about your internet connection and website-use, eg. the URL you cam from, the IP address, domain type, browser type, the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered on our webiste (user information).
We collect this information from registered and unregistered users. We use this information to help us make improvements to our website and online services.
A cookie is a small piece of information stored by your browser on your computer. It may contain some personal details in an encrypted format, which can be recalled when you return to www.candystick.co.za. This speeds up our indentification and other processes.
When you contact our customer support services, we collect information that helps us to categorise your query, respond to it and, if applicable, to investigate what went wrong. We also use this information to track potential problems and trends to customise our support responsies to provide a better service to you.
We do not knowingly collect the information of persons under 18 without the consent of their parents or guardians. If you are under the age of 18 you must not submit personal information to us without the consent of your parent or guardian.
Why we need your personal information
We use your personal information to provide our services to you. This includes:
- creating a Money Box;
- communicating with contributors;
- redeeming Money Boxes;
- answering requests by you about your user account, a Money Box which you are organising or in which you are participating;
- providing important service communications;
- providing information that we believe may be of interest to you on products programmes, services and promotions (unless you have opted out);
- enabling you to take part in games, competitions and other promotional activities;
- personalising browsing when you are on www.candystick.co.za;
- for internal administration purposes such as analysis of data, revisions, development of new services or products, improvement of www.candystick.co.za and our services, identification of trends and the verification of the efficiency of our promotional offers;
- detecting and avoiding possible misuse or fraud.
We retain your personal information for as long as we have a legitimate reason to keep it. In gneneral this means that we keep your records for three years after your last transaction with us unless we are legally required to keep the information for longer. Please contact us at email@example.com or +21 465 0750
Sharing personal information with third parties
We may have to share your information with third parties:
- if we need to share your information with our service providers in order to provide our services to you (eg. sending electronic mail and social networks, the processing of payments and management of credit cards, web hosting, data analysis, IT services, online ordering services, the implementation of surveys);
- to enable organisors, beneficiaries and contributors to identifiy each other;
- if you consented to receiving information on products, progammes, services, communications and promotional information from a third party;
- in the event of a restructuring, merger, sale, transfer or handover of the Candystick business, assets or shares.
We may transfer your information to our service providers located in other countries. Some of these countries may not have the same levels of protection of personal information as South Africa. When this is the case, we require that they undertake (contractually) to protect the personal information of our customers.
We take appropriate measures to protect the personal information you entrust to us. Unfortunately, there is no 100% guarantee of security when it comes to transmitting data over the Internet or by computer systems.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0861557773.
Candystick (Pty) Ltd (registration number: 2015/015200/07)